Awards to be presented include:
- Canada’s Safest New Employer
- The Chemistry Industry Association of Canada Award for Canada’s Safest Chemistry Employer
- Canada’s Safest Mining & Natural Resources Employer
- Best Environment Management Program
- The MSA Safety Award for Canada’s Safest Oil & Gas Employer
- The WSPS Award for CEO of the Year
- Canada’s Safest Utilities & Electrical Employer
- Canada’s Safest Employer for Young Workers
- Canada’s Safest Construction Employer
- The Minerva Award for Rising Star of the Year
- Canada’s Safest Employer in Services Sector
- Canada’s Safest Logistics and Supply Chain Employer
- Canada’s Safest Manufacturing Employer
- The Avetta Award for Best Safety Industry Provider
- Canada’s Safest Public Sector/Non-Profit Employer
- Canada’s Safest Public Transportation Employer
- The BGIS Award for Safety Leader of the Year
- Best Wellness and Psychological Safety Program
- Most Innovative Use of Safety Technology
- The WSIB Award for Canada’s Best Health & Safety Culture
“The Chemistry Industry Association of Canada (CIAC) has sponsored Canada’s Safest Chemistry Employer award for several years and we are delighted to sponsor it once again in 2022,” said Jeff Stevens, director of responsible care at CIAC. “This award directly illustrates CIAC’s commitment to Responsible Care, the chemistry industry’s environmental, social and governance (ESG) initiative.”
By popular demand, we’re also bringing back live virtual panels featuring some of the excellence awardees, who will be sharing their inspiring insights, best practices and success stories.
One of the discussion panels will focus on a panel of experts as they dive into a conversation on environmental safety. They will talk about:
- What types of sustainable PPE solutions can organizations consider?
- How to effectively communicate with workers around environmental safety.
- Waste disposal best practices for workers and employers.
- Tip and tricks to stay up to date on Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) compliance.
“Health and safety is of paramount importance to CIAC and our members. This is why CIAC is pleased once again honor Canada’s chemistry companies who have shown commitment and leadership in the area of occupational health and safety,” said Stevens.